Made for adventure
When you need a boot that’s 100% waterproof and a perfect balance between comfort and durability, our Monster Waterproof hiking and work boot is the way to go. Whether you’re heading on a multi-day hiking trip or looking for an everyday work boot that can handle any challenge thrown at it, our Monster Waterproof boot has you covered. After those long hours in the work field or the miles you’ve done conquering mountains, your feet will be dry and ready for the next day’s adventure.
Drawing on many years of boot making experience, designing the best hiking and work boots in Africa, Jim Green designed the Monster Waterproof with the adventurous explorer in mind. Fitted with all the technical requirements to never let you down no matter what challenge comes in its way.
- Manufactured with 2.2mm leather, lined with waterproof lining makes this boot 100% waterproof
- Waterproof lining provides a cool, dry comfortable feel with anti-odor and anti-bacterial properties
- Extra thick ankle padding for excellent support, comfort and protection
- Thermoplastic toe puff and a heel stiffener for extra support
- Lockable eyelets to secure lace pattern and hold your feet in place
- Thermoplastic midsole to enhance performance, stability and protection
- Monster sole is made from a pure rubber
- This boot can be resoled but we can’t guarantee the waterproof properties thereafter
- The combination of all components used makes the Monster waterproof our top-of-the-range boot
The best way to preserve your Jim Greens is through regular and correct polishing. Water, heat and wear remove the natural oil from the leather, so when the tiny fibres dry out they become hard, brittle and break easily, thereby shorten the life of the leather.
For our leather boots we recommend any natural shoe polish found at your local store. For our suede options we suggest light brushing to remove dirt and a scotchguard for longer protection.
After a long day in wet conditions and you requiring your boots early the next morning, the worst possible solution is to artificially dry your boots. Leather fibres burn easily – especially when wet and therefore should never be left near a heater, placed in your oven or left in direct sunlight. For the best results, footwear should be dried out slowly and never subjected to any extreme heat. Should you work in constantly wet conditions, it is best to alternate between two or more pairs of our Jim Green boots.