FIRE & CHEMICAL BOOTS
- Lightweight fire fighting boots
- Suitable against chemicals and can be worn with chemical encapsulated suits
- Has the highest chemical protection, Type 3 (fire suppression, recuse interventions including protection against chemical hazards)
- Reflective strips and trim can be seen as far as 250m away
- Rot proof inner lining
SIZING:3 – 11 ½
- EN 15090:2012 approved
- Made of Elastomer: fireproofed NBR / CR (fireproofed nitrile/polychloroprene rubber)
- EN 15090 approved firefighting boots and Marine Fire Protection certified, used in many European countries
- 10 year shelf life
- Composite polymer toe cap and midsole for impact and puncture protection (ladies sizes 3.5 and 4.5 has a steel toe cap)
- Weight (size 8): 1900g / pair
SUITABLE FOR USE IN
- Structural and wildland fire fighting applications
- Search & Rescue
- Aircraft fires
- Petrochemical fires
Dromex® EN 15090 approved, innovative fire-fighting and chemical protective mid length boots, model number DFB, are lightweight, composite polymer toe cap and midsole boots, designed for use against the hazards of fires and chemicals.
These boots are suitable for use in rescue interventions, chemical handling and clean ups, structural and wildland fire fighting applications, aircraft fires, petrochemical fires as well as search and rescue operations.
Dromex® DFB boots features the following:
- Excellent resistance to heat flow, heat contact, fire.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals: fuels, oils, weak and diluted acids and solvents.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and cuts.
- Antistatic, avoiding explosive risk when used in chemical plants and sensitive areas.
- Can be worn with chemical encapsulated suits.
- The composite polymer toe cap and midsole provides impact and puncture protection.
- Fire proof reflective logo and trim can be seen as far as 250m away.
- Rot proof inner lining.
- Available in smaller sizes, 3 and 4 ½ (with steel toe cap and midsole) for ladies.
- 10-year shelf life.
- Made of Elastomer: fireproofed NBR/CR (fireproofed nitrile/ polychloroprene rubber).
- Marine Fire Protection certified, used in many European countries.
- Slip resistant sole, SRC (Resistant on ceramic + Sodium Lauryl Sulphate).
- Cleated outsole providing additional traction on a slippery surface and arched non slip grooves for ladder work.
- Comes standard with an anti-bacterial insole for comfort, adaption to foot anatomy, that absorbs humidity produced by the foot and eliminates it in the form of steam and consists of a shock absorber for high impact absorption.
- None of the materials or processes used in the manufacture of these products are known to be harmful to the wearer.
- The manufacturer has examined under the system for ensuring quality of production by means of monitoring and inspection.
- These safety boots are designed to accommodate the basic safety requirements and standards for Personal Protective Equipment.
- The information contained herein is intended to assist the wearer in the selection of personal protective equipment.
- Actual conditions of use cannot be directly simulated in a test environ- ment therefore it is the responsibility of the end user and not the manufacturer or supplier to determine the boots suitability for the intended use.
- It is important to note that footwear is subject to many different conditions encountered in everyday use and that it is impossible to make footwear resistant to slip in all conditions nevertheless it is generally accepted that problems are minimized if the guideline coefficients of friction are achieved.
- Should the footwear be cared for and worn in the correct working environment and stored in dry ventilated conditions, it should give a good wear life, without premature failure of the outsole and upper.
- The actual wear life for footwear is dependent on the type of footwear, environmental conditions which can affect the wear, contamination and degradation of the product.
Compliance & Conformity
- EN 15090:2012, type 3 HI3, Boots for emergency situation and fire with toxic chemicals emission.
» Type 3 boots: Hazardous materials emergencies, involving the release or potential release of hazardous chemicals into the environment that can cause loss of life, personnel injury, or damage to property and the
environment. Suitable also for fire rescue, fire suppression, and property conservation in aircraft, buildings, enclosed structures, vehicles, vessels, or like properties that are involved in a fire or emergency situation.
» Contact heat resistance (HRO) 1 minute at 300°C.
» Fire resistance 10 seconds according to EN ISO 15025.
» Heat flow resistance.
» Insulation against heat (HI3) 40 minutes at 250°C.
» A : Antistatic (see enclosed).
- EN 13832-3 J P Q Boots highly resistant to chemicals: The protection has been assessed under laboratory conditions and can only be guarantee for the chemicals given. The wearer should be aware that in case of contact with other chemicals or with physical stresses (high temperature, abrasion for example), the protection given by the footwear may be adversely affected and necessary precautions should be taken.
CERTIFICATION: DFB FIREMAN_SABJ 39 CERTIFICATION