QSA 2000 SERIES MOULDED FFP1 MASK
CODE: QSA 2010
- SANS 10338:2009
- NRCS AZ2006/21
Dromex® QSA 2010 cup shape disposable dust mask is suitable for 8-hour use against solid and water based liquid aerosols protecting the user from inhaling dangerous particulates. For use in low toxicity dust areas when used in, general household maintenance, agriculture, construction and general material handling industries.
Dromex® QSA 2010 disposable dust masks is constructed from polypropylene and polyester synthetic material preventing allergies on the skin whilst being lightweight and comfortable.
These respirators do not supply oxygen. DO NOT use in oxygen deficient atmospheres (e.g. tanks or other poorly ventilated areas). The lifetime of a filter depends on many factors including the work rate, the air flow and the concentration of the contaminant in the atmosphere. A dust mask should be discarded and replaced with a new one if:
- The respirator is removed while in a contaminated area.
- Excessive clogging of the respirator causes breathing difficulty or discomfort.
- The respirator becomes damaged.
- The unused respirators are not in their protective packaging (once open they
All respiratory equipment should be chosen in conjunction with BS EN 529:2005 “Respiratory Protective devises – Recommendations for selection, use, care and maintenance”.
Do not use these respirators or enter in an area where:
- The Oxygen concentration is not known or is less than 19%.
- Contaminants or their concentrations are unknown or are known to be
immediately dangerous to life or health.
- Particulate concentrations exceed levels fixed by the applicable health and
safety regulations or protection factors x NPF, whichever is lower.
(Nominal protection factors: 4.5 for FFP1, 12.5 for FFP2 and, 50 for FFP3)
- Gases and/or vapours are present except for respirators designated as
protecting against vapours, in which case vapour concentrations should not
exceed 4.5 NPF.
- The requirement for leak tightness is unlikely to be achieved if worn against
a beard or facial stubble.
- Do not use in explosive atmospheres.
- Not to be used for firefighting.
When transporting this product, retain in its original packaging and keep away from mechanical and chemical hazards.
None of the materials or processes used in the manufacture of these products are known to be harmful to the wearer. The manufacturer has examined under the system for ensuring quality of production by means of monitoring and inspection. These disposable dust half masks are designed to accommodate the basic safety requirements and standards for Personal Protective Equipment. The information contained herein is intended to assist the wearer in the selection of personal protective equipment. Actual conditions of use cannot be directly simulated in a test environment therefore it is the responsibility of the user and not the manufacturer or supplier to determine the disposable dust, half mask suitability for the intended use.
Compliance & Conformity
NRCS Homologated as per SANS 10338:2009 as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act No. 85 of 1993), and the Mine Health and Safety Act, 1996 (Act No. 29 of 1996).
SANS 50149:2003 Respiratory protective devices – Filtering half mask to protect against particles– Requirements, testing, marking, NRCS Type Approval No. NRCS AZ2006/21.
BS EN 149:2001 Respiratory protective devices – Filtering half masks to protect against particles.
CE 0086 approved.
Style: Disposable, white, cup shape, dust mask
Protection class: FFP1 NR (Non-re-useable)
Protection Factor (NPF): 4.5 x OEL
Assigned Protection Factor (APF): 4 x APF
Particulate size distribution: 0.6 μm (MMD) & 0.4 μm (SD)
Total Inward Leakage: <22%
CO2 content of inhalation: < 1%
Filtering Efficiency: 80 %
1. Outer Material: Polyester fabric.
2. Filter Material: P1 Melt Blown filter medium.
3. Inner Mould Material: Polypropylene spun bound scrim
4. Nose Bridge Adjuster: Aluminium nose bridge adjuster
5. Headband: Elastic
- Low breathing for increased wearer comfort
- Lightweight & comfortable
- Elasticated straps
- PP inner with no loose fibres
- Protection against solid and water-based liquid aerosols
- For use in low toxicity dust areas when used in
Packaging, Storage & Obsolescence
QSA 2010- Packed as 20 masks in a box, sealed in a plastic packet, and sold as 400 boxes in a carton for shipping. These masks are NRCS homologated for boxes of 20 masks each. Keep unused respirators in their closed box and store in a dry non-contaminated area between -20 degrees and + 40 degrees Celsius.
Cleaning & Maintenance
This is a disposable item so no cleaning and maintenance is required.
3 years. The expiry date of each item is indicated on the box packaging.
All industrial waste should be disposed of correctly per local regulations and good disposal practice. Respiratory protective devices should be disposed of considering the hazardous substances they were used for. Please consider recycling.