High Voltage Insulated Gloves
Dromex® THOR electrical insulating gloves provides protection against the hazards of an electric shock when in contact with energized electrical parts and equipment.
These gloves are intended to be used exclusively for electrical purposes such as installation, maintenance, repairs and as a basic personal protective equipment for work under voltage of 1kV (Kilovolts), or as additional protective equipment for work voltage higher than
1kV (Kilovolts) (class dependant – refer to table on right for appropriate selection).
- Exclusively for electrical purposes -voltage up to 1kV (Kilovolts)
- R – acid resistant, oil resistant, ozone-resistant C – resistant to extremely low temperatures
- High flexibility preventing hand fatigue
- Fits well when worn protective over leather gloves
- Each glove is electrically tested & issued with an examination certificate
- 360mm (±15mm) long
Available in four classes defining voltage requirements:
- CLASS 0 > 0 (5kV), Low voltage
- CLASS 1 > 1 (10kV), High voltage
- CLASS 2 > 2 (20kV), High voltage
- CLASS 3 > 3 (30kV), High voltage
Sizes:8 – 10
- EN 60903:2006(EN 60903:2003 + AC2:2005)
- High quality rubber latex
SUITABLE FOR USE IN
- Electrical purposes, installation, maintenance & repairs
These gloves feature the following:
• Anatomically shaped ensuring flexibility and prevents hand fatigue, especially during prolonged wear or intensive use.
• Consists of high quality rubber latex that is flexible and has sweatabsorbing inserts, which allows the wearer to work freely with optimum comfort.
• Fits well when worn with protective over leather gloves, providing mechanical protection needed against cuts, abrasions and puncture hazards.
*Note: Dromex over gloves can also be purchased – https://zdi.co.za/product/dromex-dg-ov-over-gloves/
Additional: Electrical protective gloves must be worn with other electrical protective clothing/attire and equipment to ensure complete protection against the hazards of an electric shock incident.
• Manufactured on an automated line, each glove has a unique number and is electrically tested on a computer-controlled test bench.
The examination certificate issued after electrical testing is attached to each pair of gloves.
• Are AC (alternating current ) and RC category gloves according to PN-EN 60903:2006 (EN 60903:2003 + AC2:2005) and are characterised by increased resistance:
> R – acid-resistant, oil-resistant, ozone-resistant. Category R combines the features of categories A, H and Z as follows:
> A – acid-resistant
> H – oil-resistant
> Z – ozone-resistant
> C – resistant to extremely low temperatures.
SPEC SHEET: Technical-Datasheet-THOR-GLOVE (2)
• IMPORTANT: Always retain the glove test certificate accompanied within the packaging for every pair of gloves.
• Do not put on or remove gloves in a potentially explosive environment.
• THOR gloves are manufactured from natural latex which can cause an allergy. To minimize possible allergic symptoms during live working, it is recommended to utilize an anti-perspiration inner cotton glove or hand protective cream such as SECOSAN. If an allergic reaction is experienced, discontinue use and consult your physician immediately.
• None of the materials or processes used in the manufacture of these products are known to be harmful to the wearer.
• The manufacturer has examined under the system for ensuring quality of production by means of monitoring and inspection.
• These gloves are designed to accommodate the basic safety requirements and standards for Personal Protective Equipment.
• The information contained herein is intended to assist the wearer in the selection of personal protective equipment.
• Actual conditions of use cannot be directly simulated in a test environment therefore it is the responsibility of the end user and not the manufacturer or supplier to determine the gloves suitability for the intended use.
• Gloves should be thoroughly inspected before use to ensure no damage is present.
Compliance & Conformity
• CAT. III according with Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2016 on personal protective equipment and repealing Council Directive 89/686/EEC.
• Approved to EN 60903:2003+AC2:2005, Live working, gloves of insulating material.
• Meets the requirements of EN 420:2003 + A1:2009, Protective gloves, general requirements and test methods.
• CE 1437.
• THOR gloves are examined to check the thermal effects of electrical arc in accordance with the requirements of the following standards:
1/ PN-EN 61482-1-1: 2009
2/ ASTM F2675/F2575M – 13
• ARC test parameters: Protective clothing shall have minimum arc thermal protection where the ELIM is at least 150kJ/m2 (3,6cal/cm2) and where the lower value of ATPV and EBT is at least 167 kJ/m2 (4 cal/cm2).
Style: Yellow colour, 360mm (± 15mm) long, 5 finger anatomically curved Latex gloves
Fabric composition: Rubber Latex
Palm Type: Smooth
Mass: 346g (±5) per pair (size10)
1. Wing thumb
2. Smooth palm & fingers
3. Straight cuff
Packaging, Storage & Obsolescence
THOR gloves are packed in a poly bag and sold individually. Gloves must be transported and stored in their original packaging. It is recommended to store gloves in dry conditions and at ambient
temperatures between 5°C and 35°C. Avoid exposure to sources of heating, direct light radiation and sources of ozone. Do not compress or fold gloves whilst in storage.