This boot may look pretty on the eye but do not let that fool you. From the high streets to the outdoors, The Mean Machine will not only fit in but also leave all competitors in the dust.
Following the same traditional construction methods used on all our other boots, the mean machine is a combination of the best specs yet is boosted with our new natural rubber compound sole. This new sole combined with the beauty of our crazy horse leather bring you a boot that isn’t only easy on the eye but also super comfortable. The Mean Machine brings a new meaning to durability, comfort, and quality
- Manufactured with a double layer of leather (2.2mm full grain leather, lined with 1.6mm calf leather)
- Double layer of leather aids in the boots water resistant properties (not waterproof)
- Ankle padding for excellent support, comfort and protection
- Thermoplastic toe puff and a heel stiffener for extra support
- A steel shank between the insole board and sole offers extra support and stability
- Insole board is secured to the upper with a double stitched 2.2mm braided nylon cord
- Sole is made from a genuine natural rubber
- Can be resoled
The best way to preserve your Jim Greens is through regular and correct polishing. Water, heat and wear remove the natural oil from the leather, so when the tiny fibres dry out they become hard, brittle and break easily, thereby shorten the life of the leather.
For our leather boots we recommend any natural shoe polish found at your local store. For our suede options we suggest light brushing to remove dirt and a scotchguard for longer protection.
After a long day in wet conditions and you requiring your boots early the next morning, the worst possible solution is to artificially dry your boots. Leather fibres burn easily – especially when wet and therefore should never be left near a heater, placed in your oven or left in direct sunlight. For the best results, footwear should be dried out slowly and never subjected to any extreme heat. Should you work in constantly wet conditions, it is best to alternate between two or more pairs of our Jim Green boots.