TWIN UNIFIT PRE-FILTER
CODE: DHCT P2PF
Dromex® DHCT-P2PF TWIN UNIFIT lightweight reusable P2 cartridges are used in conjunction with Dromex® gas cartridges that fits onto the twin unifit Dromex® cartridge respirators (DH202, DH102 and DHFFM), filtering out medium solid dust and liquid aerosols hazards which cannot be filtered by chemical cartridges.
Pre-filters also pro-longs the life of the corresponding gas filter by adding additional protection against oil, when working in greasy environments. These pre-filters are specifically designed for use with the DRO-AIR gas filter cartridges only.
All respiratory equipment should be read in conjunction with BS EN 529:2005 “Respiratory Protective devises – Recommendations for selection, use, care and maintenance”.
Do not use these cartridges or enter in area where:
- The Oxygen concentration is not known or is less than 19.5%.
- Contaminants or their concentrations are unknown or are known to be immediately dangerous to life or health. Particulate or gas concentration exceed levels fixed by the applicable health and safety regulations.
- The requirement for leak tightness is unlikely to be achieved if worn against a beard or facial stubble.
- Not to be used for firefighting.
- Do not use in explosive atmospheres.
These cartridges do not supply oxygen. DO NOT use in oxygen deficienat mospheres (e.g. tanks or other poorly ventilated areas). The lifetime of a filter depends on many factors including the work rate, the air flow and the concentration of the contaminant in the atmosphere. A particulate filter should be changed immediately when chemical breakthrough of a contaminant is detected by smell, taste or any other means. A dust filter should be changed when breathing becomes impaired.
The UNIFIT SINGLE FILTER CARTRIDGE is for use with SINGLE filter masks only.
DO NOT USE SINGLE CARTRIDGES WITH DROMEX TWIN CARTRIDGE MASKS.
DO NOUT USE A PRE-FILTER OVER A PARTICULATE CARTRIDGE.
Use genuine DROMEX UNIFIT particulate cartridges and particulate pre-filters.
None of the materials or processes used in the manufacture of these products are known to be harmful to the wearer. The manufacturer has examined under the system for ensuring quality of production by means of monitoring and
These particulate filters are designed to accommodate the basic safety requirements and standards for Personal Protective Equipment. The information contained herein is intended to assist the wearer in the selection of personal protective equipment.
Actual conditions of use cannot be directly simulated in a test environment therefore it is the responsibility of the end user and not the manufacturer or supplier to determine the pre-filter suitability for the intended use.
All filters should be thoroughly inspected before use to ensure no damage is present.
Immediately discard once open inadvertently and if damaged (eg dents).
Changing Filter Cartridge
Remove pre-filter assembly from the filter cartridge. Unclip the pre-filter from the housing and replace with another pre – filter into the housing ensuring that it has clipped in.
Compliance & Conformity
- NRCS Homologated as per SANS 10338:2009 as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act No. 85 of 1993), and the Mine Health and Safety Act, 1996 (Act No. 29 of 1996).
- SANS 50143:2003, Respiratory protective devices – Particle filters – Requirements, testing, marking, NRCS Type Approval No.: AZ 2011/49.
- Approved for used with half masks as per EN140:1998.
- CE EN approval as per BSI CE No. 0086.
- Style: Twin cartridge, re-useable P2 pre-filter in a retainer
- Breathing Resistance: @ 30 l/min, maximum 0.7 mbar, @ 95.5l/min, maximum 2.4 mbar
- Filter Penetration Maximum: Sodium Chloride @95l/min is 6%, Paraffin oil @ 95l/min is 6%
- Filter efficiency : 94%
1. White Polypropylene filter housing
2. White Linear low density polyethylene
3. P2MB (Melt blow) activated filter