SINGLE UNIFIT FILTER
Dromex® DHCS-P2 single UNIFIT reusable, lightweight particulate cartridge,
is used in conjunction with the Dromex single particulate cartridge respirator
DH101, filtering medium concentrations of solid dust and liquid aerosol
hazardous, which cannot be filtered by chemical only cartridges.
- All respiratory equipment selection should be read in conjunction with
BS EN 529:2005 for selection, use care and maintenance.
- Do not use these cartridges or enter in area where:
- The Oxygen concentration is not known or is less than 19.5%.
- Contaminants or their concentrations are unknown or are known to be immediately dangerous to life or health. Particulate or gas concentrations exceed levels fixed by the applicable health and safety regulations.
- The requirement for leak tightness is unlikely to be achieved if worn againsta beard or facial stubble.
- Not to be used for firefighting.
- Do not use in explosive atmospheres.
These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do NOT use in oxygen deficient atmospheres (e.g. tanks or other poorly ventilated areas). The lifetime of a filter depends on many factors including the work rate, the air flow and the concentration of the contaminant in the atmosphere. A particulate filter should be changed immediately when particulate breakthrough of a contaminant is detected by smell, taste or any other means. A particulate filter should be changed when breathing becomes impaired.
The UNIFIT SINGLE FILTER CARTRIDGE is for use with SINGLE filter masks only.
DO NOT USE SINGLE CARTRIDGES WITH DROMEX TWIN CARTRIDGE MASKS.
DO NOT USE PRE-FILTERS OVER PARTICULATE CARTRIDGES
Use genuine DROMEX UNIFIT particulate cartridges.
None of the materials or processes used in the manufacture of these products
are known to be harmful to the wearer. The manufacturer has examined under
the system for ensuring quality of production by means of monitoring and
These particulate filters are designed to accommodate the basic safety requirements
and standards for Personal Protective Equipment.
The information contained herein is intended to assist the wearer in the
selection of personal protective equipment.
Actual conditions of use cannot be directly simulated in a test environment
therefore it is the responsibility of the end user and not the manufacturer or
supplier to determine the pre-filter suitability for the intended use.
All filters should be thoroughly inspected before use to ensure no damage is
Immediately discard, once open inadvertently and if damaged (eg dents).
Changing Filter Cartridge
- Remove pre-filter cover if being used and unscrew filter cartridge. Please note that the DROAIR SINGLE filter cartridge has a left hand thread.
- Remove from the mask together with connector and dispose of the used components hygienically and safely.
Clean the half mask as per the instructions mentioned in section, cleaning and maintenance.
- Remove, new Single UNIFIT filters, complete with valve from the wrapping and replace the filters onto the mask.
Compliance & Conformity
NRCS Homologated as per SANS 10338:2009 as required by the Occupational
Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act No. 85 of 1993), and the Mine Health and
Safety Act, 1996 (Act No. 29 of 1996).
SANS 50143:2003, Respiratory protective devices – Particle filters:
Requirements, testing, marking. NRCS Type Approval No. : AZ 2011/67.
Approved for used with half masks as per EN140:1998.
CE EN approval as per BSI CE No. 0086.
Style: Single cartridge, re-useable P2 particulate filter
Breathing Resistance: @ 30 l/min, maximum 0.7 mbar, @ 95.5l/min, maximum 2.4 mbar
Filter Penetration Maximum: Sodium Chloride @95l/min is 6%, Paraffin oil @ 95l/min is 6%
Filter Efficiency: 94%
Additional: There are no metal fittings in this device. Each particulate filter is fitted with a new inhalation valve
Cleaning & Maintenance
The exterior of the filter can be cleaned with the use of a dry cloth. Solvents must not be used and care should be taken to ensure no water enters the filter.
Shelf life 3 years. The expiry date of each item is indicated on the cartridge.
CODE: DHCS P2
- Valve replaced with every filter
- Individually sealed
- Left hand thread for single
- NRCS AZ2011/67