DUPONT NOMEX FIRE SUIT JACKET
- Flame retardant reflective tape for increased visibility
- NOMEX YKK Concealed brass zips on jackets & pants
- Triple needle topstitched garment
- 50mm Silver flame retardant reflective tape on arms & legs
- Mitred laid on jacket pockets, mitred breast pocket with Velcro closure, side slits, hip pocket & mitred cargo pocket both with Velcro flap on pants & one back pocket
- Jackets: 32 – 60
- Pants: 28 – 56
- Conforms to SANS 434
- NFPA 70E
- NFPA 1975
- NFPA 2112
- EN 1149-3 ANTI-STATIC
- EN 1149-1, EN 13034
- ASTM F1506
- ASTM D6413 Flame resistance of textiles
- DuPont™ Nomex®, 203gsm Fabric
- Inherent flame retardant yarn
SUITABLE FOR USE IN
- Fire Fighters
The Dromex® DW-Nomex® inherent flame-resistant jacket and pants construction is designed to protect the user from the hazards of fire contact such as flash fires, reducing injury and loss of life.
These garments are suitable for use when working in hazardous environments such as wildland fires, fire-fighting (non-structural and nonproximity), petro-chemical, utility and chemical industries.
The Nomex® engineered knitted garment construction is lightweight with wicking finishes for improved breathability and conforms to the latest SANS 434 standard, providing the user with overall ultimate comfort and protection.
The inherently flame-resistant fibres are materials that have the flameresistant properties built into their chemical structures.
The actual structure of the fibre itself is not flammable therefore these properties can never be worn away or washed out. When exposed to flame, the aramid fibre swells and becomes thicker, forming a protective barrier between the heat source and the skin.
This protective barrier also stays supple until it cools, giving the wearer vital extra seconds of protection to escape from the hazard.
The Nomex® fabric will not continue to burn or melt when the flame is removed Nomex® fabric is also abrasion, tear and wear resistant and has a long wear-life.
This garment construction consists of the following:
• Collared jacket.
• High visibility flame retardant reflective tape on arms, for enhanced visibility when working in poor lighting environments.
• Concealed brass YKK zip and press stud closure.
• 2 Open waist pockets and 1 left breast pocket with a mitred flap and Velcro closure and Nomex® sidewinder.
• Side slits for better fit over waist.
• Seams (side and shoulder) with triple needle top stitching for added durability.
• All seams with triple needle top stitching for durability.
• Flame retardant reflective tape on leg for enhanced visibility when working in poor lighting environments.
• A concealed brass zip and metal nickel button closure at waist.
• Two fronts swing pockets and a rear mitred open pocket with aNomex® sidewinder.
• A mitred cargo pocket on the right leg with Velcro closure.
• Inner elasticated waist for optimum fit and flexibility with 7 belt loops
Style: Navy blue, pants and jacket with high visibility flame retardant reflective tape on arms and legs.
Fabric composition: Dupont Nomex® knitted yarn is composed of 93% meta-aramid,
5% Kevlar para-aramid and
2% carbon/nylon antistatic fibre.
Reflective: 50mm Silver flame retardant tape
Additional: Also available in a navy blue boilersuit style, Dromex part number DW-NOMEX-O.
Compliance & Conformity
• Garments comply to the latest SANS 434 sizing and style standard (This standard specifies requirements for the material, cut, make and trim of boilersuits, two-piece work wear suits, bib and brace overalls, coats and unlined jackets).
• NFPA 2112 (Standard on Flame Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire).
NFPA 70E (Requirements for safe work practices to protect personnel by reducing exposure to electrical hazards).
NFPA 1975 (Standard on Emergency Services Work Apparel, sets the bar for protective garments specifically designed to withstand the effects of heat).
• Has anti-static properties – fabric is tested in accordance to EN1149-3 and fulfills the electro-static protection requirements of EN1149-5 for protective clothing.
• EN531 (Protective clothing for workers exposed to heat) per EN ISO 11612 (Protective clothing – Clothing to protect against heat and flame – Minimum performance requirements).
• ASTM F1506 (Standard Performance Specification for Flame Resistant and Electric Arc Rated Protective Clothing Worn by Workers Exposed to Flames and Electric Arcs).
• ASTM D6413 (Standard Test Method for Flame Resistance of Textiles (Vertical Test)).