Dromex® D59, ESKOM specification,100% locally manufactured Navy Blue, flame treated jacket and pants is designed to protect the user from the hazards of accidental flame contact, reducing injury and loss of life when working in hazardous environments.
The Dromex® D59 Eskom flame retardant pants and jacket is approved to the latest SAN 434 specification and has the SABS permit marking constructed from locally produced DA GAMA fabric.
The D59 drill fabric construction is heavy duty and durable, whilst the flame garment treatment technology, resists the effects of flame contact, offering the user essential protection in the workplace.
The 100% cotton satin weave finish, natural fibre construction makes this garment comfortable and breathable.
This garment consists of the following:
• Eskom pantone navy blue colour pants.
• High visibility silver flame retardant reflective tape on legs for enhanced visibility when working in poor lighting environments.
• A concealed Vizlon zip with plastic button closure at waist.
• Two fronts swing pockets.
• Two rounded rear open pockets, with the following embroidery,
“Zero Harm, We Make It Happen” logo on the left and the Eskom logo on the right pocket.
• Triple needled top stitching for added durability.
• Inner elasticated waist for optimum fit and flexibility with 7 belt loops.
This garment is suitable for use in within Eskom Distribution, Transmission, Generation and Rotek operations in compliance with Eskom group specifications.
Style: Metal free, Eskom pantone navy blue colour, pants and jacket with high visibility silver flame retardant reflective tape on arms and legs.
Fabric composition: 100% Cotton.
Reflective: 50mm Silver flame retardant tape.
Compliance & Conformity
• Garments comply to the latest SANS 434 standard (This standard specifies requirements for the material, cut, make and trim of boilersuits, two-piece work wear suits, bib and brace overalls and coats and
This standard makes reference to the following relevant standards:
SANS 1362 Sewing threads.
SANS 1387-4 Part 4: Cotton jean and drill fabrics.
SANS 1387-10 Part 10: Pocketing.
SANS 1822 Slide fasteners.
SANS 5278 Sewing stitches per unit length.
SANS 10235 Fibre-content labelling of textiles and textile products.
SANS 50471 High-visibility warning clothing for professional use.
• The fabric is to SANS 1387-4 for D59 drill fabric, 4/1 satin weave @270gsm, 37 thread per cm weft and 19 threads per cm warp.
The breaking strength is 940 N warp and 510 N weft.
• Flame retardant fabric is tested to SANS 1423-1 for textile fabrics of low flammability for apparel:
Class B Category 1:
The fabric ignites within a given time period and might continue to flame but at a rate of flame propagation that is within a specified limit.
Surface Flash None.
Ignition time (seconds) _ 20 sec.
Rate of flame propagation 5mm/s.
** Note this is a test situation for the fabric and does not cancel or imply otherwise to the labels wash instruction.
• Flame retardant silver retro-reflective tape is tested to SANS 50471:2006 (EN471:2003 + A1:2008) and SANS 1423-1:2008 for textile fabrics of low flammability for apparel:
High visibility warning protective clothing capable of signalling the users presence visually, intended to provide conspicuity of the user in hazardous situations under any light conditions by day and under
illumination by vehicle headlights in the dark. Performance requirements are included for retro-reflection and not for the entire garment.