The Dromex® Chelsea boot, manufactured with premium Crazy Horse leather, is a stylish ankle safety work boot, comprising of an integrated steel toecap and midsole with an oil, slip and heat resistant outsole is designed to protect the user’s feet from incidents of
mechanical and anti-static shock hazards.
Made from durable full grain Crazy Horse leather with a natural wax coating, producing a rugged upper finish which is also chromium VI free, inherently breathable, flexible and soft with great tear and abrasion resistant properties making these boots comfortable for daily wear.
Dromex® Chelsea boots feature the following:
• An oil and slip resistant outsole, SRC (Slip resistance on ceramic tile floor with NaLS (sodium lauryl sulphate) and on steel floor with glycerine^c).
• A dual density PU (Polyurethane) lightweight outsole and an insole with anti-static technology, which reduces the chance of electrostatic discharge and assists with climate control in warm and cold environments.
• Heat insulation properties on the outsole up to 95° C ideal for use when working in the hot sun or in jobs where drastic temperature changes are frequent.
• The outsole has an energy absorption heel for comfort.
• A removable and breathable PU and Memory Foam insock deigned for superior comfort, ideal when standing for long hours.
• An impact resistant steel toecap made in Italy, rated up to 200 ± 4 Joules.
• A steel midsole for protection against penetrating surfaces and objects.
• A wider toecap providing extra room and comfort, whilst preventing the toes and joints from rubbing onto the steel toecap.
• 2 Polyester pull tags and elastic side gussets for ease of donning (putting on) and doffing (removing) the boots.
• Cleated outsole provides additional traction on slippery surfaces.
• A scuff cap provides extra toe reinforcement on the outside of the upper leather which increases durability of the boot significantly. This feature is also suitable for kneeling work. These boots are suitable for use as a general work protective safety boot, used in warehouse
environments, freight, mining, engineering and construction industries.
Dromex® safety footwear is manufactured using the world class DESMA 24 station, Robotic machine through a direct injection moulding process producing a highquality outsole made from PU technologies.
components from electrostatic discharges present in general manufacturing industries, refineries, computer equipment manufacturing, medical industry and many other environments.
• All safety protective footwear should be thoroughly inspected before use to ensure no damage is present.
• Should safety boots be damaged during use, suitable protection is not guaranteed and must be replaced immediately.
• PU (Polyurethane) outsole compositions are not resistant against water contact such as wet or muddy environments. (Only footwear made entirely of plastic or rubber is classified as water resistant.)
• As PU (Polyurethane) becomes brittle, wear the boot regularly to maintain flexibility and support the lifespan of this boot.
• None of the materials or processes used in the manufacture of these products are known to be harmful to the wearer.
• Safety footwear shall not adversely affect the health or hygiene of the user.
Safety footwear shall be made of materials such as textiles, leather, rubbers or plastics that have been shown to be chemically suitable. The materials shall not, in the foreseeable conditions of normal use, release or degrade to release substances generally known to be
toxic, carcinogenic, mutagenic, allergenic, toxic to reproduction or otherwise harmful.
• The manufacturer has examined under the system for ensuring quality of production by means of monitoring and inspection.
• These safety boots are designed to accommodate the basic safety requirements and standards for Personal Protective Equipment.
• Do not use these boots near a fire or open flame.
• The information contained herein is intended to assist the wearer in the selection of personal protective equipment. Actual conditions of use cannot be directly simulated in a test environment, therefore it is the responsibility of the end user and not the
manufacturer or supplier to determine the footwear’s suitability for the intended use.
• It is important to note that footwear is subject to many different conditions encountered in everyday use and that it is impossible to make footwear resistant to slip in all conditions.
Nevertheless, it is generally accepted that problems are minimized if the guideline coefficients of friction is achieved.
• If the footwear is cared for and worn in the correct working environment and stored in dry ventilated conditions, it should give a good wear life, without premature failure of the outsole, upper and upper stitching.
Compliance & Conformity
Complies with the requirements of CE type examinations, EN ISO 20345:2011 that specifies basic and additional (optional) requirements for safety footwear used for general purpose. It includes, for example, mechanical risks, slip resistance, thermal risks and ergonomic behaviour for compliance with directive 89/686/EEC. NRCS Homologated approval number: NRCS/9002/217251/0438 as per SANS 20345:2014.
Style: Class 1, uni-sex leather upper, Chelsea style ankle boot with 2 pull tags,
a steel toecap and midsole available in brown and in black.