51 CAL ARC SUIT
- Includes BSD Arc Visor with Real View Technology
- Back flap with velcro closure
- IEC 61482-1-1
- IEC 61482-1-2
- NFPA 2112
- NFPA 70E
- SANS 724
- ASTM F1959
- ASTM F2621-12
- EN 11611:2015
- EN 11612:2015
- EN 61482-1-2:2014
- HOOD: ASTM F2178-12
- Dromex A.P.T Fabric – 88% Cotton, 12% Nylon
- Double layer construction: 14oz outer and 9oz inner
- Flame Retardant Thread throughout
SUITABLE FOR USE IN
- Utilities Power Generators
- Industrial electrical maintenance & installations
The Dromex® Arc product range is designed to protect the user from the hazards of heat and to reduce total burn injury when working in environments exposed to electric arc hazards.
Dromex® Arc garments are manufactured with our exclusive Dromex® A.P.T™ (Arc Protective Technologies) fabric blend, which has been carefully developed by our team along with industry experts and professionals to ensure specialised
Arc safety and global standards are met.
Our Dromex® A.P.T™ fabric and garments have been tested to NFPA, ASTM, EN,
SABS and IEC standards.
This mandatory attire consists of the following:
• Flame retardant chunky zip with plastic slider and Velcro strips.
• Seams are triple needle topstitched for added durability.
• Sleeves feature a flame retardant knitted cuff providing a great seal when used with gloves and prevents sleeves from rolling upwards.
• Right hand side sleeve with Dromex® Arc heat transfer print.
• Dromex® Arc heat transfer print and ATPV 51 cal/cm² Embroidery below print on the left chest of jacket for garment identification.
Bib and Brace features:
• Adjustable brace with flame retardant black plastic clips.
• Flame retardant Velcro adjustable tabs (15cm in length) at the waist .
• Seams with triple needle topstitching for added durability.
• ATPV 51 cal/cm² embroidery on back left centre panel for garment suitability identification.
• Right hand side of back panel with Dromex® Arc heat transfer print.
• Double needle topstitch boot piece for added durability.
• Flame retardant Velcro adjustable tabs (15cm in length) above leg hem.
Arc protection flame retardant switching hood features:
• Integrated with 40 cal visor permits the user to work at live parts or in the vicinity of live parts without requirements for head protection (falling objects) as the hood is integrated with a hard hat specified for arc flash
• Centre back opening with flap allows accommodation of a ventilation system, such as a powdered air purifying device, providing cooling comfort.
• ATPV 51 cal/cm²embroidery on bottom left of hood for garment suitability identification.
• Seams with single needle topstitching for added durability.
• Side flaps with flame retardant Velcro closure for ease of putting on andtaking off. Arc Visor
• The 40 cal arc visor consists of two polycarbonate layers offering true vision (please refer to datasheet “ARC ErgoS Range” for detailed product information) with flame retardant Velcro attachments and a universal
bracket made of natural rubber band that fits around the arc helmet (please refer to data-sheet sheet, “Nikki Arc Protective Hard Hat” for detailedproduct information).
These garments are commonly used in the following industries:
• Utilities and Power Generators
• Data centres
• High volume manufacturing
• Substations and switchrooms
Dromex® A.P.T™ fabrics are self-extinguishing, heat resistant and resistant to ignition. Dromex® Arc garments are sewn with flame retardant thread.