The Dromex® Arc product range is designed to protect the user from the hazards of heat and to reduce total burn injury when working in environments exposed to electric arc hazards. Dromex® Arc garments are manufactured with our exclusive Dromex® A.P.T™ (Arc Protective Technologies) fabric blend which has been carefully developed by our team along with industry experts and professionals to ensure specialised Arc safety and global standards are met. Our Dromex® A.P.T™ fabric and garments have been tested to NFPA, ASTM, EN,
SABS and IEC standards. The Dromex A.P.T™ 100 Cal attire, is an innovative lightweight 3 layer fabric construction (14 oz outer, 14 oz inner and 250gsm Meta Aramid FR mat lining) designed for user comfort and is suitable for use in category 4 ARC related hazards.
NFPA 2112, NFPA 70E, ASTM F2675, IEC 61482-1-1,
IEC 61482-1-2, EN 11611, EN 11612, EN61482, SANS 724
• APTV 100cal/cm2 Mit-style glove
• Dromex A.P.T Fabric – 88% Cotton, 12% Nylon
• 250gsm meta aramid mat lining
• Inherent FR stitching throughout
• Elasticated shirred glove for an ideal fit
Sizes: S/M & L/XL
• Substations & switchrooms
• Utilities & power generators
• Industrial electrical maintenance & installations
Compliance & Conformity
• Complies to marking SANS 724, Personal Protective Equipment and protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc.
• IEC 61482-1-1 – Live working – Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc – Open Arc Test Method. It determines the Arc Thermal Protection Value (ATPV level) of the garment. The basic principle is that the
ATPV of the garment must be higher than the Arc Flash energy.
• IEC 61482-1-2, Live working – Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc – Box Test Method. It determines the Arc Protection Class Rating of the material or garment by using a constrained and directed arc:
• EN 61482-1-2:2014 – LIVE WORKING – PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC – PART 1-2: TEST METHODS
– METHOD 2: DETERMINATION OF ARC PROTECTION CLASS OF MATERIAL AND CLOTHING BY USING A CONSTRAINED AND DIRECTED ARC (BOX TEST) (IEC 61482-1-2:2014).
• NFPA 2112 – Standard on flame resistant clothing for protection of industrial personnel against short duration thermal exposures from fire.
• NFPA 70E – Standard for electrical safety clothing for employees.
• ASTM F1959, Standard Test Method for Determining the Arc Rating of Materials for Clothing.
• ASTM F2621-12, Standard Practice for Determining Response Characteristics and Design Integrity of Arc Rated Finished Products in an Electric Arc Exposure.
• EN 11611:2015, Protective clothing for use in welding and allied processes.
• EN 11612:2015 Protective clothing — Clothing to protect against heat and flame — Minimum performance requirements.
• ASTM F2178-12 -Standard Test Method for Determining the Arc Rating and Standard Specification for Eye or Face Protective Products.