SINGLE UNIFIT FILTER
CODE: DHCS A1
- Valve replaced with every filter
- Individually sealed
- Left hand thread for single
- EN141:2000 (EN14387:2004 +A1 2008)
- NRCS AZ2011/70
Dromex® DHCS-A1 UNIFIT lightweight reusable gas cartridges is used in conjunction with Dromex® single cartridge respirators (DH101), filtering organic gases and vapours with a boiling point greater than 65 degrees Celsius present in the atmosphere.
Dromex® DHCS-A1 cartridges can be used with Dromex® Pre-filters (DHCS P2PF only) providing protection against particulates and prolongs the life of the corresponding gas filter by adding additional protection against oil when working in greasy environments.
All respiratory equipment should be read in conjunction with BS EN 529:2005 “Respiratory Protective devises – Recommendations for selection, use, care and maintenance”.
Do not use these cartridges or enter in area where:
- The Oxygen concentration is not known or is less than 19.5%.
- Contaminants or their concentrations are unknown or are known to be immediately dangerous to life or health. Particulate or gas concentrations exceed levels fixed by the applicable health and safety regulations.
- The requirement for leak tightness is unlikely to be achieved if worn against a beard or facial stubble.
- Not to be used for firefighting.
- Do not use in explosive atmospheres.
These cartridges do not supply oxygen. DO NOT use in oxygen deficient atmospheres (e.g. tanks or other poorly ventilated areas). The lifetime of a filter depends on many factors including the work rate, the air flow and the concentration of the contaminant in the atmosphere. A gas filter should be changed immediately when chemical breakthrough of a contaminant is detected by smell, taste or any other means. A dust filter should be changed when breathing becomes impaired.
The UNIFIT TWIN FILTER CARTRIDGE is for use with TWIN filter masks only.
DO NOT USE TWIN CARTRIDGES WITH DROMEX SINGLE MASKS.
Use genuine DROMEX UNIFIT gas cartridges and particulate pre-filters.
None of the materials or processes used in the manufacture of these product sare known to be harmful to the wearer. The manufacturer has examined under the system for ensuring quality of production by means of monitoring and inspection. These gas filters are designed to accommodate the basic safet requirements and standards for Personal Protective Equipment. The information contained herein is intended to assist the wearer in the selection of personal protective equipment.
therefore it is the responsibility of the end user and not the manufacturer or supplier to determine the pre-filter suitability for the intended use. All filters should be thoroughly inspected before use to ensure no damage is
present. Immediately discard once open inadvertently and if damaged (eg dents).
Changing Filter Cartridge
- Remove pre-filter cover during use and unscrew filter cartridge.
- Please note that the DROAIR SINGLE filter cartridge has a left-hand thread
- Remove from the mask together with connector and dispose of the used components hygienically and safely.
- Clean the half mask as per the instructions mentioned in section ‘cleaning and maintenance’.
- Remove new Single UNIFIT filters, complete with valve from the wrapping, and replace the filters onto the mask.
Compliance & Conformity
- NRCS Homologated as per SANS 10338:2009 as required by the Occupational
- Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act No. 85 of 1993), and the Mine Health and Safety Act, 1996 (Act No. 29 of 1996).
- SANS 54387:2007, Respiratory protective devices – Gas filters and combined filters – Requirements, testing, marking,
- NRCS Type Approval No: AZ 2011/70.
- Approved for used with half masks as per EN140:1998.
- CE EN approval as per BSI CE No. 0086.
- Style: Single cartridge, re-useable A1 gas filter
- Breathing Resistance: @15 l/min >1.0 mbar, @47.5l/min >4.0 mbar
- Gas Capacity: Break through time in minutes (BTT) min, Cyclohexane (C6,H12), BTT >70min @ 10ml/m3
- Maximum Filter Capacity: Low 1000ppm
- Additional: There are no metal fittings in this device. Each particulate filter is fitted with a new inhalation valve
1. Grey Polystyrene filter case
2. Polyethylene terephthalate pre filter pad
3. Activated carbon
4. Polystyrene net support
5. Grey Polystyrene filter lid (back plate)
6. Grey Polystyrene valve seat
7. Rubber valve piece